Getting Smarter Every Day

Getting Smarter Every Day
How to Get Smarter

Friday, November 11, 2011

What started this blog

Once upon a time, two librarians from different, yet nearby libraries were trying to find a time to go for a walk.  Here is the e-mail mayhem that ensued:


ML: I’m on the desk 1-3, so I’ll have to go early.

EK: I’m on the desk 10-1-  guess we’ll have to try for tomorrow

ML: Our schedulers are trying to kill us.

EK: No, they’re trying to make us fat, angry librarians.

ML: I think that would be a great name for a band or a blog.

EK:  I would like to be the back-up singer and triangle player.

ML: We could be a band just of back up singers. 

EK: Geat- all of the groupie sex and none of the rehab.  Or maybe it’s the other way around.

ML:  And then after rehab we can write a book.

EK: Oh, and we can go to Dr. Drew’s almost a celebrity rehab.  Too cool.

ML:  Very cool!  And then there will be a tv movie.  Who do you want play you?  I think I’ll have Sandra Bullock.

EK: Angelina Jolie, of course.  But only because we look so much alike. J
 If she won’t do it (she still resents me and the whole Brad thing- get over it already!), I will probably have to go with…Meredith Baxter-Birney, as she is the queen of TV movies.  Or maybe she could play my mom.

ML: MB-B is too old to play you, she will have to play your mom. Then there will be a spin off tv series, too.  it just gets better and better.

EK: Our band will break up and reunite for one last world tour.  Again and again and again.

ML: Well into our 70s.

EK:  Actually, maybe that only works if you're male.  Well, there's always Vegas.

ML:  Viva las vegas!   And then we can open our own bar.

EK: Fat, angry, DRUNK librarians.  Sounds better all the time. 
 
EK:  We can stage our own protest on wall street. 
"Yesterday a crowd of drunken, angry librarians converged on Wall Street shouting obscene slogans such as 'Reference THIS!' and 'Take this book and shove it'.  The National Guard...."

ML: Check This Out! 
There will be Fines!

EK: Overdue!  Overdue!  
I don't know, but I'll find out! 
Look it up!

ML: When do we start?

EK: We can start at any time.  Oh shoot- I'm on reference till one.

ML: And then I'm on ‘til 3.  Maybe tomorrow...

-
Later that day…

ML: Well, I walked without ya.  So now I am a not quite as fat, but still angry librarian.

EK: I can see our group splitting up over this.  Or we can just change our name.  The fat and not-so-fat angry librarians.  That actually sounds like a book title.

EK:  A murder mystery.

ML: "I was a fat angry librarian"  Memoir
"The Not Quite as Fat, but Still Angry Librarian: How you can be one, too"  Self-Help

EK: “Encounters of the Fat Librarian Kind”- Sci-Fi
“Why is She So Angry?: A Look into the Paradox of the Overweight Librarians and Dopamine Production in the Cerebral Cortex” – Dissertation

ML:  Ok here's one: “Shut the F*ck Up: Rules for Engagement in the Library.”

EK:  Oh, you win.  I can’t top that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment